Kia’s most powerful production car ever reaching 0-100 km/h in just 3.5 seconds and boasts a top speed of 260 km/h
- High-tech all-electric powertrain delivers 430kW of power and 740Nm of torque
- Drive Modes unlock full capability of new semi-active suspension
- Dedicated GT drive mode enhances responses for an exhilarating driving performance
- Local Ride and Handling Tune provides exceptional on road experience
(Australia) December 9, 2022 – The local launch of Kia’s EV6 GT, its most powerful production car ever and the new halo model for the brand, is just around corner.
A front-axle-mounted motor delivers 160 kW and is paired with a powerful new rear-mounted motor producing 270 kW, to deliver a combined power output of 430 kW and 740 Nm of torque.
The total power output of the EV6 GT is a remarkable 80% higher than that of the next most powerful EV6 variant, the AWD dual-motor model, which has 239 kW and 605 Nm of torque (front and rear motors combined).
“The GT will be a very exciting addition to the EV6 range and just like the Air and GT-Line models launched earlier this year, it is attracting a remarkable level of attention,” said Damien Meredith, Chief Operating Officer of Kia Australia.
“Here is a car that combines the power, performance and agility of a track worthy sports car, while also providing comfort, on road driveability and practicality for everyday use.
“A vehicle to be the brand halo of Kia and more.”
The Kia EV6 GT will be launched in Australia during the Australian Open, January 2023.
*Bolded highlights are new and exclusive to the EV6 GT variant.
Long Range Battery (77.4kwh)
Long Range Battery (77.4kwh)
· LED Tail Lights
· Acoustic Film Windscreen
· Laminated (Acoustic) Front Door Glass
· Solar Glass (Windshield + Front Door Glass)
· Privacy Glass (Rear Doors and Tailgate)
· Aero Wipers
· Auto Folding Flush Door Handles
· Power Folding Mirrors
· V2L Exterior
· Wide Sunroof
· GT Body Design with Green Brake Callipers
· Electronic Controlled Suspension (ECS)
· E-Limited Slip Differential
· 21" Alloy Wheels with Michelin Pilot Sport 4S
· IFS LED Head Lights with LED DRL’s
· Sequential Indicators
The Intelligent Front-lighting System (IFS) uses the front view camera to recognise oncoming and preceding vehicles. The system reduces the rise of dazzling oncoming traffic or preceding vehicles with high beam by controlling individual LEDs within each headlight. In a Kia Australia first, vehicles with IFS also feature sequential indicators.
E-LSD (Electronic Limited Slip Differential) controls the differential functions of the rear wheels to help:
• Improve steering performance when turning at high speed.
• Improve launching performance.
• Prevent slipping on rainy or snowy roads due to dissimilar friction of the left and right wheels.
The characteristics of the E-LSD varies according to the drive mode selected.
The EV6 GT is Kia’s first fully electric GT vehicle and the second Kia model to feature Electronic Controlled Suspension (ECS).
Electronic Control Suspension controls the vehicle dampers to maximise driving comfort/handling performance for the road conditions. The damping force is automatically adjusted according to the vehicle speed, road surface, cornering, stopping and acceleration requirements.
The system also helps to mitigate roll when cornering or making high speed lane changes and can also limit squat and dive during rapid acceleration or braking.
GT Drive Mode automatically configures the vehicle’s e-motors, braking, steering, the semi-active dampers, e-LSD and Electronic Stability Control (ESC) systems into their most dynamic settings, transforming the character and response of the car, and providing a highly engaging experience.
Drivers can further tailor the various power and suspension control systems to suit their individual driving preferences by accessing the My Drive Mode.
Drift Mode (when activated) sends 100% of torque to the rear wheels to easily achieve sideways drifting with small steering angle. When exiting a corner, power can be distributed to the front wheels again to improve acceleration.
The 3x mode ESC Logic has been tuned extensively on roads in and around Sydney & Canberra with good differentiation between Normal / Sport / GT modes and is very well suited to typical Australian road & driving characteristics providing excellent rough, urban and country road performance, handling & ride quality.
The GT variant of EV6 features double ball joint front suspension to allow for bigger brakes and a virtual steering axis result in better steering feel:
• New four-piston high performance calipers at the front – Neon Green
• 380mm ventilated front discs (325mm on STD EV6)
• 360mm solid rear discs (325mm on STD EV6)
The EV6 GT gains its own variable gear ratio steering system, a highly communicative set-up that builds weight progressively as speeds increase. There are 2.3 turns lock-to-lock, compared to 2.67 for the standard EV6. In its most focused GT Mode setting, the EV6 GT’s steering system has been specially calibrated for dynamic driving by increasing sensitivity to inputs and delivering more immediate responses.
Additional bracing has been added to the GT for increased body stiffness resulting in improved vehicle response speeds and agile handling.
· Dial Type Shifter (E-SBW)
· Paddle Shifter (Regen Control)
· Remote Folding 2nd Row Seat Release
· LED Interior Lighting
· V2L (Interior)
· Frunk LED Light
· Power Windows Auto (Front)
· Artificial Leather Steering Wheel
· Stainless Steel Luggage Sill
· 64 Colour Ambient Mood Light
· Active Sound Design
· GT Mode Button on Steering Wheel
· Artificial Leather & Suede Bucket Seats
Convenience and Technology Highlights
· Augmented Reality Head Up Display
· Dual Curved Display (12.3“+12.3”)
· Inbuilt Navigation
· 14 Speaker Meridian Sound System
· Wireless Phone Charger
· USB Chargers in Rear Console
· 12V Outlet in Boot
· Smart Key & Push Button Start
· Dual Zone Climate Control
· Rain Sensor
· Electro Chromatic Mirror
· Heated Steering Wheel
· Remote Smart Park Assist
· Smart Power Tailgate
· Heated Seats (Front + Rear)
· AEB with Junction Turning
· Blind Spot Detection & RCTA
· LKA with Lane Following Assist
· Multi Collision Braking
· Intelligent Speed Limit Assist (ISLA)
· TPMS - Tyre Pressure Monitoring
· Front & Rear Parking Sensors
· Electronic Park Brake
· Tyre Mobility Kit
· Smart Cruise Control with S&G
· Blind Spot View Monitor
· Power Child Lock
· 3D Surround View Camera